Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cakes, anyone?

My mom's friend makes one heck of an Apple Torte. I love the ground almonds in the cake, making it taste more like a pie than a cake. The apples on top are just as nice, not overly sweet like those cafe-type cakes. Slightly browned, though it gives the crust an amazing crisp texture. Once you dig in, the cake simply melts in your mouth, almost like sugee actually. Very filling, one slice is enough as the cake is quite dense. Almost 3 inches in height, I think. (Forgot to take a picture of a cake slice, my bad!)  If there's anyone in Penang who would like to give it a try,  just drop me a private message and I'll send you the contact details. :)

Ooh. What's in the box?

Proud to announce that I've finally had my first taste of Mille Crepe. :D And it was AMAZING. It's actually a cake made up of many, many layers of thin crepes or pancakes, all folded on top of each other. To top it all off, heavenly cream in between the layers, forming a crepe sandwich, sort of. 

The first and probably, the best.
All thanks to Humble Beginnings. Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment