Friday, June 4, 2010

The Pasta Shop @ Changi Airport T3, Singapore

We initially planned to get our fix of Popeye's at the other terminal, but were sad to find out it was closed! Bummer. So we hopped on the skytrain that took us to Terminal 3. 
Choosing a place was not easy. So we settled with a few criterion which this Sakae spinoff managed to fulfill. A place with fewer customers? Check. A place which can satisfy my picky sister? Check. Something new that hasn't arrived on Penang shores yet? Check. 

Mom's Fisherman Pasta. Not too bad, according to her. The tomato-based sauce looked a little diluted to me, though. I'd personally prefer it thicker, just sayin'. 

And here's another look at the pasta.

The little sister's Carbonara. Now this was the exact opposite of the previous dish. Thick and creamy, the sauce could be smelled from the kitchen even before the dish came out. Excellent choice for those carbonara lovers. Be warned though. The sauce may taste good during the first few bites, but after finishing half a plate you will feel gravity pulling you down.

Sister's soft shell crab pasta. I guess for this one the sauce would be a cross between creamy and dilute. Crabs were fresh, so that's a plus. The sauce's something unconventional, so more for the adventurous.

Thought the crabs here look like a crown. Heh.

And this was mine. I've been crazy for pesto ever since my mom started cooking her own version of pesto pasta. I ordered the pasta with salmon and tomatoes. Very nice, the dish was filled with pesto, giving it the most wonderful aroma. The salmon was alright, didn't taste very fishy.

And here's my last shot. Overall, the food was okay, but I think my impression worsened because of the extremely slow service. I swear I waited almost half an hour for my food to arrive. What about those who were in a hurry to catch their flight?! Jeez. Honestly, if you're looking for a Pasta de Waraku type of place, I suggest you just go to Terminal 2 and enjoy the real deal over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment