Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coffee Bean @ Island Plaza


On weekdays, lunches are late and short. We don't really have that many options when it comes to places to grab a quick bite. Today, we chose Coffee Bean at Island, since we literally live 5 minutes away. Plus, aren't gourmet sandwiches the best?


Check out my sister's yummy Double Patty sandwich with ciabatta bread. 


Mom and I shared a Turkey with Melted Cheese sandwich with pita bread. The sandwich was surprisingly really good, inside you get a couple of layers of turkey ham, sliced thinly. I also love the side salad they serve, especially the sweetish dressing. On a side note, they don't always have all the breads available, like the Panini or the Foccacia, which kind of ticked me off a little. There were only pita and ciabatta on the day we visited. I mean, come on. Y U NO restock?


Ah, dessert. Couldn't resist, what with those lovely cakes staring right at me through the display. 


Had the Red Velvet Cake. Not as good as it looked. First off, it was as hard as a walnut. Besides that, the cake was dry and lacked the 'oomph' factor that most cakes have. How disappointing, Coffee Bean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment