Monday, May 9, 2011

Karaikudi Restaurant @ Hillside, Penang


My favourite Indian restaurant in Penang, hands down! A must eat every time I'm back on the island. Can't live without my Indian food. Love their service, the food, the affordability, everything. We order the same dishes every time we're there, even the waiter remembers our order! Haha. Saves time ordering.


Our usual trio of dishes: (From bottom, clockwise) Vegetable Jalfrize, Palak Paneer, and a chicken masala. The vegetable dish has a mix of potatoes, capsicum, tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage and peas, absolutely delicious, trust me. This will always be licked clean by yours truly. 


Chicken masala. The smell itself makes you gain a couple of pounds, I swear.


Palak Paneer aka Goat's Cheese in Spinach Curry! OMG this is the best. The entire family loves this. Sounds and looks unappetizing, but believe me when I say looks can be deceiving, especially when it comes to Palak Paneer! One taste and I bet you'll be hooked.


The dhall curry. Thick and 'u liao', unlike the diluted versions you get at nasi kandar places. 

I really have no idea how I would live without Indian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment