Monday, May 30, 2011

Northam Beach Cafe


Okay, I have to admit that I'm actually quite 'noob' when it comes to Penang hawker fare. You ask me where's the best laksa and I'll tell you Mount Erskine. Haha. I don't like the oil, my sister doesn't like the less than pristine surroundings, and we generally don't crave hawker food. But lately we found a new hawker joint  that has successfully won us over.

The view from our table. 
Guess what my sister had for dinner.


 The French stall offered set meals with any of the main courses. In other words, you get a soup. Figures.



She ordered the Croque Monsieur. Ham and cheese sandwich at its French-iest.


Pan Mee! I can never resist this favourite of mine. However, the Pan Mee here failed to impress. The noodles were slightly rubbery, and the wood fungus tasted a bit off. The only good part was the homemade fish ball, Mom and I both agreed they were excellent.


Seafood Popiah. Was average, nothing special about it.


Pie Tee, didn't try this but it looked appetizing enough!


Muar Chee. From the famous Muar Chee stall that offers a whole lot of unique flavours you won't get anywhere else.


Time for desserts!


Crepes with chocolate sauce, from the French stall. Little sister finished this all by herself! Conclusion: it was great.


I also ordered an apple cinnamon crepe. The apple cinnamon mixture was not too sweet, and gave a very mild, tangy taste. Not bad for RM4.50!


Mom and Dad had banana pancakes, Penang style. Ban chang kuih, in other words. My mom loves this, she couldn't stop raving about how crispy the crust was.

No comments:

Post a Comment